A UA Pipe Fitting Detailer is responsible for creating a 3D fabrication model from design concepts and creating presentation drawings, design drawings or shop drawings from this model. These drawings represent the concepts and details of several disciplines including HVAC, plumbing, piping and electrical controls. A UA Detailer Technician works from sketches, models, and verbal information supplied by sales personnel, field personnel, project managers, designers, engineers and/or detailers to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete projects. Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical calculations and research involving precedents, manufacturers' catalogs, and technical guides. A UA Detailer Technician resolves most problems with minimal to moderate supervision. A supervisor may suggest methods of approach or provide advice on difficult problems. S/he also assists with other miscellaneous support tasks when assigned. The UA Detailer Technician reports to the Detailing Lead.
BRIEF TASK DESCRIPTION
The UA Detailer Technician is accountable for the following:
- Transform design into a 3D model of a system that can be fabricated and installed in compliance with all applicable codes, industry standards and installation requirements.
- Coordinate with other trades to ensure the systems are not clashing with each other.
- Collaborate with field forepersons on installation methods to ensure system meets needs of the field installation.
- Create several types of 2D drawings for fabrication and installation from the 3D model that clearly illustrate how to build the systems.
- Learn, practice, and use vocabularies related to each MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions discipline.
- Be aware of current building codes and current industry practices.
- Become proficient with computer hardware and software used by MacDonald-Miller.
- Establish and maintain a solid rapport with co-workers and other departments.
- Understand and utilize MacDonald-Miller’s duct and pipe routing practices.
- Understand and follow general flow of information through MacDonald-Miller.
- Become familiar with the operation and depiction of all types of mechanical systems.
- Read and comprehend all trades' drawings and documents.
- Continually learn and improve CAD, BIM and IPD skills.
- Provide accurate estimated completion times for assigned work.
- Visit construction job sites to relate work on drawings to installed product.
- Exercise complete compliance with MacDonald-Miller’s CAD Standards.
- Understand, accept and support MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions’ Operating Guidelines, Operational Beliefs & Customer Commitment.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
This is a condensed job description. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties this position may perform.
The candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Self-motivated and possesses objective-based work philosophy.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Ability to adapt to flexible responsibilities.
- Ability to consistently set goals and meet deadlines.
- Take pride in one’s work and accept a level of responsibility for his/her professionalism and accuracy.
- Ability to interact with customers, field staff, management and office personnel that builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Competent understanding of AutoCAD 2014 FabricationMEP and Navisworks 2014.
- Two-year degree in CAD or Drafting studies or minimum 4 years equivalent related work experience.
- Journeyman level knowledge of Mechanical (HVAC) Piping systems.
- Ability to read a submittal and 3D model that submittal with 100% accuracy, including connectors and BIM information.
- Ability to accurately annotate Install and Spool Drawings based on Models produced by Trade Detailers.
- Self-sufficient in Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Fluent in advanced 3D geometry creation and manipulation.
- Have strong mathematical, mechanical and conceptual aptitude.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- History of good employment attendance.
- The detailer must be capable & willing to be a union member.
- Experience with Revit and/or Bluebeam (preferred).
- Visual LISP programming skills (preferred).
The candidate must possess and be adaptable to the following physical abilities and working conditions:
- Coordinate the movement of your eyes, hands or fingers.
- Work skillfully with hands.
- Ability to see and hear well (either naturally or with correction).
- Speak clearly.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Constant computer screen use.
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand.
- Please read all pages of this job description. Your resume or application is reviewed prior to setting up a personal interview, so please make sure your resume is up to date. If you do not have a resume, you may fill out an application at the address listed above.
- MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a non-smoking facility. MacDonald-Miller is also a drug and alcohol free workplace and tests all new hires (subject to and in accordance with union bargaining agreements).
- MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. This information is kept completely confidential, is obtained only after a candidate is hired, and will not be used to pre-screen any job applicant.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position would perform. All employees of MacDonald-Miller are expected to perform tasks as assigned by MacDonald-Miller supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.
- Website is www.macmiller.com.