BRIEF TASK DESCRIPTION
The Commercial HVAC Service Journey Level Technician performs the following:
- Maintenance, filter changes, trouble shoot, diagnose and repair on commercial package gas and electric, heat pumps, air conditioners, hydronic systems, and associated components on equipment 10 tons and under.
- Consult with customers regarding problems or issues discovered while servicing their heating/air conditioning system and provide them with a written record of services performed.
- Work closely with Service coordination and Foreperson to ensure that customers' needs are fulfilled to their expectations and in a timely manner.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
The candidate must possess the following abilities, resources, and skills:
- Excellent attendance record at prior employment.
- Must be able to conform to all federal, state and city licensing and certification requirements as applicable.
- Excellent human relations and communications skills (verbal and written) with customers and staff.
- Competent in job site safety requirements, i.e. WISHA/OSHA, OROSHA/OSHA, and be committed to safety.
- Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers with good grooming and hygiene habits.
- Possess a valid drivers license, a clean driving record, and be in possession of all applicable licenses of the trade.
- Qualify for union membership.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PROGRAM
Benefits are administered by the Northwest Sheet Metal Workers Health Care Trust.
This is a condensed job description. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties this position may perform.
- Please read all pages of this job description. Your resume or application is reviewed prior to setting up a personal interview, so please make sure your resume is up to date. If you do not have a resume, you may fill out an application at the address listed above.
- MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a non-smoking facility. MacDonald-Miller is also a drug and alcohol free workplace and tests all new hires (subject to and in accordance with union bargaining agreements).
- MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. This information is kept completely confidential, is obtained only after a candidate is hired, and will not be used to pre-screen any job applicant.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position would perform. All employees of MacDonald-Miller are expected to perform tasks as assigned by MacDonald-Miller supervisory/management personnel regardless of job title or routine job duties.