At MacDonald-Miller Facility Solutions (“MacMiller”) we make buildings work better. As the Northwest’s leading mechanical contracting firm, we design, deliver and service HVAC, plumbing and automation system solutions for commercial buildings. With our 1000 employees across 8 offices – there is a breadth and variety of work to keep you engaged and inspired.
We enjoy a well-respected history of exceeding our customers’ expectations and executing with distinction. Our clients trust their toughest projects with our integrated teams, including:
- New construction – From an architectural 3D model to a completed 40 story urban building that is on time and on budget
- Special projects - Updates/remodeling for existing commercial buildings for new efficiencies
- Service - On demand and scheduled maintenance ensuring tenant comfort
- Building performance - Control systems and automation for energy improvement and
People love to work at MacDonald-Miller – that’s a F.A.C.T.:
- Family – Belong to something, be known and know others have your back. You are supported, respected and will have fun
going to work. You are trusted to collaborate on big jobs and empowered to own it. We are recognized as a Best Places to Work
and believe people work for people, not companies. People stick around for a reason as it’s more than a job.
- Authentic - You are respected and trusted with information ranging from monthly company financials to team metrics. You will be engaged with authentic and honest conversations on how to fix problems, not placing blame. Our environment is a safe place to share ideas, ask questions, and know that you are heard and contributing value to the team.
- Customer Focused – We empower our employees to make decisions that correspond with our Customer Commitment. It’s not just about the bottom line, we do the right thing for our customers to build trusted partnerships and prove that we’re in this for the long haul. We value humility – It makes no difference how great we think we are. It’s how great they think we are.
- Transformative - You will be inspired and learn as we invest in new technologies and business processes. From real-time job site video capture (MacLens), using iPads vs. paper, 3D modeling, pre-fab strategies, and leveraging sensors to detect problems before they happen – you will be on the cutting edge and continuously learning (MacTED).
BIM/CAD Manager: This is where you come in.
We need you to manage the day to day output of the CAD, BIM/Revit and MEP functions within our Detailing Department. You will be responsible to support their team with training, guidance, user support and software installations/ updates. We will look to you to drive quality and service improvements while leading efforts to maintain and modernize our software.
Your work is primarily in the office but will be on a construction schedule of 5:30am-2pm Monday through Friday. In return for hard work and achieving aggressive goals, you’ll get rewarded with more to own, a ton of growth opportunities, and more freedom than you’ve probably ever had.
Top 3 things to deliver in the first year to be a hero:
- 1) Quality attention to detail – take pride in your work and accept a level of responsibility for your professionalism and accuracy.
- 2) Motivation and drive – We live in a deadline driven environment, the work you do impacts a chain of others. Show your drive by meeting deadlines, responding to requests within 24 hours, and being proactive in offering support.
- 3) Accountability– your word is your truth, follow through with commitments and manage your responsibilities without needing to be reminded.
This BIM/ CAD Manager role reports to reports to Joe Kuhr/ Detailing Superintendent on a collaborative team working on a variety of projects and initiatives to support our growing business. This role interacts with all levels and functions within the organization.
KEY ROLE ACTIVITIES:
- Lead and manage the daily efforts of CAD drafters and BIM specialists by making work assignments and managing workloads.
- Support the Detailing Department efforts by proactively managing and developing ACAD and Revit services for detailers.
- Drive quality improvements. Develop metrics and track individual/department progress.
- Maintain excellent relationships with our partners in the company, especially engineering, estimating, and IT.
Your Background: What kind of person will thrive in this role?
You should have…
- Expert experience in AutoCAD and Revit.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a CAD/ BIM support and management role.
- Have a reasonable understanding of a variety of HVAC and plumbing systems and terminology.
- Expertise leveraging Microsoft Office products, internal resources and processes.
And everyone you work with should describe you as…
- incredibly strong work ethic
- very adaptable
- passionate and positive/can do
- strong communicator
- goal/results oriented
And you should be motivated by…
- Making a positive impact: On the project, on your team, and on the customer.
- Empowering yourself to learn how to do something. If you need a ton of handholding or a micro-manager boss, this is not the place for you.
- Working in a lean, results-oriented environment, where you’ll be expected to do more, take on more, and achieve more every year.
- Having fun in an environment high on transparency, open to innovative new approaches with a supportive family feel.
Where you will work
Seattle HQ office (7717 Detroit Ave SW, Seattle WA 98106) in SoDo area with easy access to Downtown and West Seattle, ample parking and an onsite gym, not to mention great views!
Interested to learn more?
If you’re ready for an adventure, and are interested in being considered for this role, please...