MacDonald-Miller is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a non-smoking facility. MacDonald-Miller is a Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace and tests all new hires (subject to and in accordance with union bargaining agreements).
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
The Commercial Plumbing Service Technician is accountable for the following:
- Maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis, and repair of all plumbing/piping systems associated with the building.
- Consult with customers regarding problems or issues discovered while servicing their plumbing systems and provide them with a written record of services performed.
- Work closely with Service coordination and Foreperson to ensure that customers' needs are fulfilled to their expectations and in a timely manner.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
The candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent attendance record at prior employment.
- Must be able to conform to all federal, state and city licensing and certification requirements as applicable .
- Excellent human relations and communications skills (verbal and written) with customers and staff.
- Competent in job site safety requirements, i.e. WISHA/OSHA, OROSHA/OSHA, and be committed to safety.
- Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers with good grooming and hygiene habits.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be in possession of all applicable licenses of the trade.
- Qualify for union membership.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The candidate must possess and be adaptable to the following physical abilities and working conditions:
- Ability to frequently lift or carry 20 to 75 pounds and assist with up to 125 lbs. when necessary.
- Physical requirements include full range of motion, under all types of weather conditions, at and above ground level including climbing on ladders, working on rooftops and/or crawling in confined areas.
- Must be capable of working ten to twelve hour days when job/business needs demand.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PROGRAM
Benefits are administered by the Northwest Sheet Metal Workers Health Care Trust.
This is a condensed job description. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties this position may perform.