The Commercial Chiller Technician is accountable for the following:
- Maintenance, repair, and installation of chillers for commercial customers.
- Consult with customers regarding problems or issues discovered while servicing their chiller system and provide them with a written record of services performed.
- Work closely with Service coordination and Foreperson to ensure that customers' needs are fulfilled to their expectations and in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching and guidance to other technicians on chiller repairs.
- Keep current on all manufacturers products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service and repair.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
The candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on Chiller Systems including but not limited to, Centrifugal, Screw, Scroll and Magnetic bearing Compressor technology.
- Excellent attendance record at prior employment.
- Must be able to conform to all federal, state and city licensing and certification requirements as applicable.
- Excellent human relations and communications skills (verbal and written) with customers and staff.
- Competent in job site safety requirements, i.e. WISHA/OSHA, OROSHA/OSHA, and be committed to safety.
- Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers with good grooming and hygiene habits.
- Possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and be in possession of all applicable licenses of the trade.
- Qualify for union membership.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The candidate must possess and be adaptable to the following physical abilities and working conditions:
- Ability to frequently lift or carry 20 to 75 pounds and assist with up to 125 lbs. when necessary.
- Physical requirements include full range of motion, under all types of weather conditions, at and above ground level including climbing on ladders, working on rooftops and/or crawling in confined areas.
- Must be capable of working ten to twelve hour days when job/business needs demand.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PROGRAM
Benefits are administered by the Union.
This is a condensed job description. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties this position may perform.